CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Reading the Bible

I got this from my previous pastor's blog, and, well, he makes a great point much more eloquently than I would, so I wanted to share... :)

How long does it take to read the Bible? The answer is 77 hours and 22 minutes. That is the length of the NIV Bible being read out loud by Max McLean. You can purchase it for your I-Pod.

So if Max reads the Bible in 77 hours and 22 minutes - that is a total of 4642 minutes. If you read at Max's pace (which is not fast since it is dramatic and out loud) - it would take 12 minutes and 43 seconds per day for you to read the Bible through this year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for pointing me to this post. Simple thought. Should fit into most schedules. It will be the best 77 hours and 22 minutes anyone can spend on anything. I twittered this today and included it under my "Twitter Devotional" at my blog. I linked back to you.

peace & grace in Christ,
brad

Sherrie said...

That's an interesting thing. It really puts it in perspective doesn't it? I know, I'll admit, it's the one task I struggle most with...reading the ENTIRE Bible. Hopefully I can get it done.