CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 31, 2008

The cure for heart hardening

"Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever."
1 Chronicles 16:34
The Bible

I read a devotional today that used 1 Chronicles 16:7-36, which is titled "David's Psalm of Thanks," as a basis for talking about our hearts becoming hard. I know that for me, as a mom, well, as a wife, friend, daughter, and sister too, it's very easy for my heart to lose its softness. I can easily get caught up in my lists of all that I have to get done, and forget to feel, to care, to be thankful. Just as with our physical bodies being in great danger when our arteries are hardened, or when our hearts are not working properly, our spiritual and emotional pieces of us can be in danger if we let our hearts grow hard. Does this make sense? And really the only way to "cure" this drifting toward hard heartedness is to consistently spend time with the one who made this heart, to spend time in worship and in thankfulness, realizing that even when I am totally out of control, He has it all in control. He is good.

1 comments:

joytoy said...

hi thanks for the comments. Hope to see u again. God bless