CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Time to leave


And you can be sure of one thing. Among the voices that found their way into that carpentry shop in Nazareth was your voice. Your silent prayers uttered on tearstained pillows were heard before they were said. Your deepest questions about death and eternity were answered before they were asked. And your direst need, your need for a Savior, was met before you ever sinned.

And not only did he hear you, he saw you. He saw your face in shame the hour you first fell. The same face that looked back at you from this morning’s mirror, looked at him. And it was enough to kill him.

He left because of you.

He laid his security down with his hammer. He hung tranquility on the peg with his nail apron. He closed the window shutters on the sunshine of his youth and locked the door on the comfort and ease of anonymity.

Since he could bear your sins more easily than he could bear the thought of your hopelessness, he chose to leave.

It wasn’t easy. Leaving the carpentry shop never has been.”

Max Lucado, God Came Near


You know, I really do believe this stuff. I do. I believe that the Jesus we talk about at Christmas really did do what He said He was going to. I believe that the Bible really is a true collection of things that really did happen, just they way it says they did. I believe that because of this all there really is hope in this seemingly hopeless world.

The troubling part of that is that since I really do believe that, why don’t I live like it? Why isn’t my life markedly different from the lives of those around me who don’t have the same beliefs? The same hopes?

I guess it’s time for me to leave the carpentry shop in my life, and to step out and really live like I should be. Not easy. Not comfortable. Right.

0 comments: