CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Distractions

A great devotional for me today titled "Distractions" in the Mom's Devotional Bible. The scripture to read was Nehemiah 6:3 -

" I sent messengers to them with this reply: " I am carrying on a great project and can not go down. Why should the work stop while I leave and go down to you?"


The devotional author goes on to talk about how Nehemiah had a vision for a God honoring project, and how one distraction after another tempted his focus. She challenges us to be as single minded as Nehemiah, and say no to the distractions in our lives. She specifically mentions the buzzer on the dryer, the phone, and things like that during our quiet time with God. Whoops! Got me on those!!! Can I say no and keep the good work going? A good thing for me to work on.....

0 comments: