CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 5, 2008

Forgetting

"You see, God is either the God of perfect grace... or he is not God. Grace forgets. Period. He who is perfect love cannot hold grudges. If he does, then he isn't perfect love. And if he isn't perfect love, you might as well... go fishing, because both of us are chasing fairy tales.

.. I believe in his loving forgetfulness. And I believe that he has a graciously terrible memory."

Max Lucado, God Came Near

I think that we so often punish ourselves long after God has forgotten. We beat ourselves up for sins that have already been paid for, already forgiven. If we truly believe that God has forgiven and forgotten, how liberated we would be. If we confess each night, each morning truly is a brand new start. I need that new start. How cool.....

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this. "Grace Forgets." No grudges. No pointing to our past forgiven failings to define us. When God looks at us he sees us for who we are and he sees Christ, but not our past forgiven sins.

I to often define myself by my failings. I so much need to look at myself like God sees me in Christ. Thank you for this reminder.

peace in Christ,
brad